Dorothy’s interests include social media, digital anthropology, communications, and design. Currently based in New York City, Dorothy has lived in Singapore, Australia and the USA, and enjoys the learning experiences of immersing and interacting with those from different cultures and lifestyles. She believes that conversation is fuel, loves listening to peoples’ stories, is insatiably curious about things, and is always keen to connect with other like-minded people.
Dorothy has a penchant for creating – be it illustrations, digital art (some of which are housed at http://doryandfillet.wordpress.com) or making miniature figurines.
- Ad:Tech Singapore 2009 Keynote Session
- Digital Communication for the PR Professionals, 1 December 2008, Royal Plaza on Scotts, Singapore
- Youth Marketing Forum 2008
- P&G ABBA Awards Training Session for regional Marketing Managers
Other cyber haunts @
Singapore Management University – Undergraduate Admissions 2008 Website
Student: Temasek Polytechnic
Global Exposure: Business Study Mission (New York)
Singapore Management University – Transform Yourself, Make a Difference
(Open House 2007)
Lights!Camera!Action! 2005 : ” Essence of Life”
– 1st Runner Up
A photo competition organized by Nanyang Technological University, Photo-Videographic Society.
Monster By Mistake Production –
Chrysalis (2d+3d Animation) :
- Bitfilm Festival 2003
Chrysalis showcased at the Bitfilm Festival, Hamburg, Germany.
Singapore 2003 • 2:26 min
English • 3D-Animation
- India Celebrates Week with Animation Masters
“..Other South-East Asian films that have made it to the finals are in the Student category and these include four films from Singapore: Amber Weird by Tan Kay Mui Tara Marie, A Particular Obsession by Goh Jian Wei Jeremy, Chrysalis by Poon Hui Xin Dorothy, Ma Ma Mai by Chan Jing Tsyr, and Lost Fang by Chan Venyan. “
- Shown on Channel NewsAsia, Temasek Polytechnic Press Conference 2003
- Screenings at the Esplanade and on TV Mobile.